December 17, 2010

Utah in T-minus 18 hours

Well, I need to confess something. When it comes to anything (I mean ANYTHING) that makes me anticipate something exciting, I literally need to be drugged in order to get a full night's sleep. In fact, when I was little my mom used to slip us kids(I'm not alone in this issue, my 3 siblings have it too!) benadryl so that we would sleep at LEAST until 4am on Christmas Eve. Crazy you say? Yes, yes it is, but I love every minute of it.

Needless to say, this last week has been nigh-unto Christmas levels of excitement as we've counted down to heading home to Utah for the Holiday next week. Thank goodness for my good supply of Christmas movies and a newly fixed laptop or else my hubby would be insane by now! haha. Right now we're about 18 hours away until we leave(we're driving from CA to UT-14hrs) and I am D.Y.I.N.G!! I think my house has been cleaned at least 4 times today and I've repacked us a couple more times too. Jon slyly snuck out to do some "maintenance" on the car we'll be driving (smart man; knows how to keep his sanity).

Let me explain the reason for this craze. Last Christmas Jon was at Basic Training and all we got was a 1 hour phone call to celebrate together....soooo, this year we are making up for last year's lameness. We're going shopping and partying it up with the families. We've cooked like crazy and have big plans for our week in UT with friends and family. AAAAAH! I can't wait!!! hahaha. We also get to stay 1 night in Park City, compliments of my sweet boss. Basically, it will be amazing and I promise to return with stories and pictures galore....


Happy Holidays to you all!!!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see you guys! I think we are coming over Christmas day. You will be amazed at how big Sawyer is now.

    ReplyDelete