March 24, 2011

The Crackle Paint Trick

Hello all! So I've discovered the most amazing thing! I've been contemplating crackle painting for a while and this morning I discovered the most ingenious(and cheap!) way to do it! On the That's so Cuegly blog, she has a fabulous tutorial to make these fabulous candle sticks all crackly with just Elmer's glue, spray paint, and regular ceramic paint. LOVE. IT.

She started with some regular wooden candle sticks found on clearance at Wal-Mart, spray painted them, and let them dry. Next she brushed on a ton of elmer's glue then painted on the black....
Here's the crackling just starting to happen.

Next she made this ADORABLE Zebra candles out of these cheap-O regular white ones. Sooo clever!
Here is the finished product for both items. Get her TUTORIAL here.


I've got the perfect thing to try this method out on. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment